Top posts

Featured Posts

BOMBA should go back to school

 
KOTA KINABALU: It was about 12.49pm my friend tags me on Facebook regarding a fire happening at Lido. Then more pictures appeared, a tyre shop was burning fiercely releasing thick black smoke. When I return home from work at 6pm it is raining heavily. After a function, I can still smell it. To my curiosity I drive 5min from my home to the site and was shock that it was still burning at 11.50pm. 

I talked to an officer asking the situation. He said they used Foam at 2pm pointing at the whiteboard behind him. Now they are just using water to “cool” it down.

The burning obviously releasing a lot of toxic in the air for the pass 12 hours and still does. I saw exhausted fire fighter sleep at someone’s gate. Yet they do not realize heavy rain and water did not help the situation? Fire fighter had to go in the site without mask. Sadly their health was not taken into consideration too. Apparently they ran out of Foam and are too “expensive” to use more. Where do they think the twelve hours of chemical from the water they sprayed in will flow to? They should go back to study on how to put off fire accordingly and other option like “Sand/ Soil”. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog