Top posts

Featured Posts

300 natives in north Sabah stage angry protest on land-grabs


PITAS, Sabah : More than 300 angry natives in the northern parts of Sabah particularly from Pitas and Kota Marudu staged a peaceful but powerful rally protest against the prevalent land-grabs in the northern area of Sabah - Kudat, Pitas, Kota Marudu and parts of Beluran, last saturday.

They claimed the land-grabs, some were backed by politicians from the ruling party, had resulted in bitter experience for thousands of them, many are now displaced and squatting in nearby villages as well as awaiting court orders begotten by big company with links.

Hosting the rally at Torong Soko in Pitas seaside overlooking the Marudu Bay was the surging State Reform Party (Star) who successfully applied and granted a police permit under the recently passed Peaceful Rally Act.

The Dusunic tribes of Rungus, Kimaragang, Sonsogon and Sungei were deeply affected by the land-grabs that they pledged to defend their NCR lands to the death.

In the meantime, they have promised to give the ruling UMNO-led Barisan Nasional an uphill task in retaining Parliamentary and State seats in the north at the coming general election.

The protestors put up many placards which among others carried slogans calling for the BN government to respect various conventions including the United Nations's convention on right of the natives on land.

Three representatives of the land-grab victims spoke for about 10 minutes each at the rally warned the people that worse things could happen to them if the current BN leaders continued to helm the state as they are already beholden not only to outside power but to businessmen from big companies.

The three were Jaipin Mohigal, a former policeman and former Ketua Kampung (village headman) from Tandek, pastor Marunsai Dawai from Matunggung and Midon Madoi, a village headman of Kampung Bongkol, Pitas.

Looking straight at the OCPD standing across him, Jaipin said: "I have been chased out of my NCR land, they (Sabah Forestry Department) burned my house, but i wont budge as this is my land, i will die here, and i am not afraid to die for my rights, you can arrest me..."

Midon said he decided to take the lead even though  he is a government-appointee as village headman because know he was doing the right thing to help defend the NCR rights of the natives.

Marunsai also called on the people to think carefully as what happened to them and what might happen to their future generation if the government continue to allow land-grabs via dubious tricks, including using government agencies, to force the evacuation of the natives to make way for big companies to take over their lands for palm oil plantation.

Star Sabah chairman, Datuk Dr Jeffrey Kitingan in his speech at the rally said the current government has totally lost in its purpose in not protecting the natives and that it does not deserve any more support from every Sabahans.

 
"Never in history, Sabahans have been treated worst like under this current government where they prefer to give lands to outsiders and companies than the natives who have been living in the areas for generations.

"If we don't decide to repel this government, who else will help us? It is now the time, and it us who must determine our own future in our own land. Vote for change this time," he said in his speech intermittently disrupted with loud applause and cries of "Ini Kali Lah".          

Earlier, organising chairman, Maklin Masiau, in his speech said that the rally in Pitas is the launching pad for more peaceful rallies on land issues and that the effort to regain respect for NCR would reverberate across Sabah.
 
"There would be more bigger rallies..." he said adding that it is the people who wanted to protest the government bias treatment against them.

Maklin, a teacher who recently resigned from his post is said to be among the earliest that had been "confirmed" as Star candidate. He is earmarked to stand in Pitas state constituency, currently held by UMNO's Bolkiah Ismail.

Also in attendance were two deputy chairmen of Sabah chapter, Daniel John Jambun and Awang Ahmad Sah Awang Sahari as well as secretary Guandee Kohoi and other leaders.

The OCPD of Kota Marudu, Mohd Isa Othman with dozens of policemen both in uniform and plainclothes were present throughout the rally which started just before noon and ended peacefully at 5pm.

57 comments:

  1. Bravo to the 300 brave men and women... Ini kali lah !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm down folks.

      Delete
    2. Kesabaran ada juga batasnya. harap penduduk mendapat kembali hak mereka.

      Delete
  2. Thank you .. Brave Sabahans, reject B N you will have a Brighter Future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bangkit Orang Sabah Bangkit Sekarang.. Kalau bukan sekarang bila lagi, kalau bukan kita siapa lagi ? NI KALI LAH !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apa yang ini kali lah?

      Delete
    2. david pick-up kau lambatlah.saya rasa kalau ada ramai species macam kau negara north borneo(SABAH)BOLEH TERGADAI.PS CUBA KAU PERGI CARI ITU FILEM SARJAN HASSAN LAKONAN P.RAMLEE BARU KAU TAHU APA YANG SAYA MAKSUDKAN?INI KALILAH KITA HANTAR UMNO/PKR BALIK DIAORANG PUNYA NEGARA

      Delete
  4. AMANAH just recently introduce a new NGO called PAKAT which brings native land owners together and fight for their rights. Hope that this will protect the natives.

    sabah-go-green.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diharapkan NGO seperti AMANAH dan SUHAKAM boleh membantu rakyat tempatan memperjuangkan hak tanah mereka.

      Delete
    2. harap2 semua NGO ini dpt perjuangkan hak2 penduduk.

      Delete
    3. Rakyat Sabah mengharapkan lebih ramai pemimpin Sabah memperjuangkan hak dan kepentingan mereka.

      Delete
  5. I hope the land and survey department will pay attention to the native land rights and protect the land owners.

    sabah-go-green.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jabatan Tanah dan Ukur perlu menjaga kepentingan rakyat kerana melalui merekalah sebarang geran untuk tanah dilulus dan dikeluarkan.

      Delete
  6. tanah2 penduduk harus dilindungi dan dipertahankan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hak NCR memang patut dipertahankan.

      Delete
    2. Some of the villagers are actually sell their lands to the third party. So who to blame?

      Delete
    3. Nasib pemilik tanah NCR perlulah dilindungi.

      Delete
    4. Kalau nak memastikan rakyat tidak menjual tanah mereka kepada pihak ketiga, rasanya cadangan pemberian geran komunal daripada Datuk Musa bolehlah melindungi rakyat daripada kehilangan tanah kerana peraturannya menyatakan bahawa tanah tersebut tidak boleh dijual ataupn dipindah milik.

      Delete
  7. Beginilah nasib kamu di bawah naubngan BN UMNO PBS UPKO PBRS MCA MIC ...

    Kamu undilah lagi dia orang kali ini. Kasih dorang majoriti besar barulah puas hati kamu semua lebih ramai jadi mangsa rebut tanah dan tipu muslihat UMNO PBS curi NCR lands kamu. Jangan kamu percaya STAR atau SAPP dan PR, nanti tanah kamu kena kasih balik susah lagi kamu fikir fikir mau jual itu tanah kepada Begaraya.. Tingu Dr Maximus kaya raya jual tanah kamu ... Tnyalah Christopher Mandut mungkin dia tahu tapi pura pura tidak tahu fasal dia dapat porujik cikit cikit dari nbos dia Maximus amus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jadi siapa yang mahu percaya?

      Delete
    2. Ah betul ba? Macam la pembangkang tu kuat butul.

      Delete
  8. Rose Kesuma DewiJuly 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

    Kurang Ajar bah ne UMNO dan kuncukuncu nya PBS UPKO ne .. Tingulah Upko di Kinabatangan berapa luas tanah dorang telan dari orang kampung, Upko pakai syarikat Cina ari Selangor lagi tapi ada Marcus Mojigoh da;lam itu syarikat corak Nakhoda kah nama dia.. ne Maximus pun orang cakap2 kunu dia ada jual 3,ooo ekar mulanya tanah NCR kena beli atau aplly lama lama tanam kelapa sawit lepas tu jual berpuluh juta kepada Hap Seng Plantation... Kaya betul dorang tapi rakyat jelata sengasara tiada tanah tempat bercucuk tanam.. kubutan ennek moyang pun kena radu sudah oleh syarikat orang2 kaya PBS UMNO UPKO sana sini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ada bukti kah? kalau ada buat lah laporan sama SPRM..dan polis..

      Delete
    2. Bukti?teda bukti..c musang aman suda rasuah..budu bh ni kerajaan..upko, pbs pun budu..mcm lembu

      Delete
  9. tidak payah lah kamu ikut2 tu budaya dari semenanjung buat perhimpunan sana sini...buat buruk nama negeri sabah saja..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice.

      Delete
    2. Negeri sabah?..org yg ada kpntgn diri ja nda sukung nie..tanah kna rmps pun mc lg pertahankan kerajaan..budu pnya org yg sukung umno.. Kalo sa jmpa musa aman. Sa bunuh dia

      Delete
    3. CHRISTIANO,SAYA MAHU BUAT PEMBETULAN DISINI DIMANA TADI KAU CAKAP NEGERI SABAH........SIAPA YANG BERI KEMERDEKAAN KEPADA NORTH BORNEO(SABAH)TANAH MELAYUKAH OR BRITISH?.....JADI KENAPA KAU CAKAP NEGERI.SABAH ADALAH SEBUAH NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA
      NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA/NEGARA
      BERAPA KALI SUDAH ITU NEGARA 20KALI=20POINT INI KALILAH

      Delete
  10. I’m glad there are some people out there who know their rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rakyat kini makin bijak dan tahu apa yang terbaik buat mereka. Jadi pihak2 yang berkenaan itu jangan ingat senagn nak buli rakyat!!

      Delete
    2. Penduduk memang tahu hak mereka cuma yang masalahnya bagaimana untuk perjuangkan hak mereka apa lagi jika pemimpin pun lepas tangan.

      Delete
  11. Best of luck to the 300 brave men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously think the government needs to tackle this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The people’s right needs to be protected by all means.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please protect the land of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aduii na lagi??? Bila lah aman masyarakat Sabah ni tanpa isu rampas2 hak rakyat. huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. selagi ada pengkhianat, selagi itu isu2 ni tidak akan berakhir. siasat siapa sebenarnya yang terlibat memberikan hak penduduk Sabah kepada orang luar.

      Delete
  16. kerajaan harus ambil tindakan mengenai hal ini sebelum bertamabah teruk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Semoga hal ini mendapat perhatian sewajarnya daripada kerajaan. Kesian para penduduk yang terlibat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the best kepada yang berjuang. Saya yakin hal ini pasti dapat diselesaikan juga.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Parti STAR akan membawa reformasi tanah pada keseluruhannya berdasarkan wawasan "Tanah NCR didahulukan, tanah Sabah rakyat Sabah diutamakan".
    Undang-undang baru akan digubal untuk mengikhtirafkan hak asasi dan hak NCR dengan jelasnya. Kini, hak NCR tidak diikhtiraf oleh kerajaan Umno/BN dimana syarikat dan orang asing diutamakan sehingga Peguam Besar Sabah sebagai wakil kerajaan Umno/BN menyatakan hak NCR tidak ujud lagi selepas 1930.
    Suatu Operasi Pemetaan Demografi akan dilaksanakan untuk mengenalpasti semua tanah NCR dan penduduk anak negeri diseluruh Sabah. Tuntutan NCR akan diselesaikan bukan macam sekarang dimana tuntutan berpuluh tahun masih belum ada keputusan oleh Jab. Tanah dan Ukur. Tanah NCR akan disahkan untuk penuntut NCR dan tanah bukan NCR akan diutamakan untuk rakyat Sabah.
    Penggunaan tanah NCR juga akan diperluaskan kepada penggunaan komersil dan industri dan bukan lagi terhad kepada pertanian. Nilai-nilai tanah NCR akan terus naik tanpa hilang kepada orang asing.
    Segala hal tanah akan diterajui oleh Suruhanjaya Tanah Sabah dan tidak terletak dalam tangan 1 orang seperti kerajaan sekarang.
    Tribunal Tanah Sabah akan ditubuhkan untuk menyelesaikan pertikaian mengenai tanah.
    Terpenting, Yayasan Tanah Anak Negeri juga akan ditubuhkan untuk mempertahankan dan melingdungi tanah-tanah adat dan tanah NCR. Yayasan juga akan membantu anak negeri yang bermasalah tanah untuk menyelamatkan tanah NT mereka daripada lelong dan cengkaman pinjaman dan mereka boleh menebus balik tanah mereka pada suatu masa depan jika berupaya.
    Nah, siapa yang lebih berjiwa rakyat Sabah?
    Kerajaan Umno/BN sekarang atau kerajaan akan datang yang diterajui oleh STAR?
    INI KALI LAH.
    Ba, sori lah Umno/BN, kamurang lain kali lah.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yang terpenting, perjuangan STAR untuk mengembalikan hak-hak Sabah yang dihakis sejak 1963.
    Sabah adalah 1 drpd 3 rakan kongsi sama-rata dan sama-taraf dengan Malaya dan Sarawak.
    Sabah bukan 1 drpd 13 negeri seperti Perlis dll.
    Keluasan Sabah sama dgn 90 kali keluasan Perlis.
    Adilkah minyak keluar dari bumi Sabah hanya dapat 5% dan 95% diambil oleh Petronas. Kenapa harga minyak sama dgn Semenanjung dan tidak murah seperti Brunei.
    Subsidi gas yang dikeluarkan oleh Sabah dan Sarawak kepada pengeluar letrik di Malaya adalah RM19 bilion setahun. Sabah dan Sarawak dapat 0 sen subsidi setahun. Pengguna letrik di Malaya bayar kadar letrik dengan kadar yang jual lebih murah daripada pengguna letrik di Sabah dan Sarawak.
    Sabah negeri termiskin di Malaysia.
    Ngam kah semua itu?
    Kita mau Sabah kekal termiskin dan 1 drpd 13 negeri atau Sabah kaya-raya, maju dan makmur sebagai 1 drpd 3 rakan kongsi sama-rata dan sama-taraf dgn Malaya dan Sarawak?
    Fikir2kan lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreemant Malaysia yang ditandatangani dokumennya di London, perlu melaksanakan Akta Malaysia untuk menubuhkan Kerajaan Malaysia ketika itu. Perkara ini telah dimasukkan di dalam artikel 1: Iaitu artikel ini menerangkan bahawa negeri2 yang terlibat dalam Persekutuan Malaya, Singapura, Sabah dan Sarawak setaraf dengan negeri2 di dalam Malaysia. Ini menunjukkan bahawa Sabah, Sarawak dan negeri2 di dalam Persekutuan Malaya dan Singapura adalah satu kompenan negeri di dalam Malaysia. Kenyataan pihak pembangkang yang menyatakan Sabah adalah sama taraf dengan Kerajaan Malaysia adalah tidak benar sama sekali dan menyalahi perlembagaan dalam Akta Penubuhan Malaysia.

      Delete
  21. Nampaknya isu tanah ini semakin hangat di Sabah. Namun yang pasti kerajaan akan mencari jalan yang terbaik untuk menyelesaikan masalah tanah yang dihadapi oleh penduduk kampung ini.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jika tidak diselesaikan mengenai isu tanah ini pasti pembangkang akan mengambil peluang untuk memainkan isu ini demi politik mereka. Ini peluang untuk mereka mendapat sokongan daripada penduduk kawasan tersebut.

    ReplyDelete
  23. mana suhakam? mana peguam kong hong ming? mana parti2 politik pembangkang? ada satu lagi parti pembangkang di Sabah asyik tunjuk parit sama longkang saja tapi hal2 besar macam ini dia tidak ambil peduli pula..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation Datuk Seri Panglima Dr Maximus Ongkili has urged the state government to double its current allocation to clear the backlog of land claims involving the natives and to allow for surveying to progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kota Marudu member of parliament said land ownership by rural natives is still hampered by insufficient funding to facilitate the surveying of areas which they applied for, including those which they had toiled on and native customary rights land.

      Delete
    2. “Sabahans have made their grouses known and heard relating to numerous native land claims yet to be processed after years of application, caused in the main by the lack of funds allocated to the Land and Survey Department specifically for conducting survey works,” he said.

      Delete
    3. Ongkili lauded the federal government for allocating RM26 million to Sabah to conduct survey for NCR land, which remains a thorny issue among the people.

      Delete
    4. “This allocation is much welcomed and appreciated as land is a state matter. However, the amount is insufficient to clear the huge backlog in all districts. I urge the state government to double the existing state allocation for surveying so that we can resolve this problem,” he said.

      Delete
    5. Ongkili added that it was only through survey of the NCR land could native land areas be accorded protection from intrusion by huge companies most of which are not owned by locals.

      Delete
    6. “An annual allocation of at least RM100million by the state government for the next three years will clear all the survey work backlog. This means land assets will be in the hands of most natives who rightfully own this land of Sabah,” he said during a working visit to Kampung Tangkol in Marak Parak, where he joined in the Pesta Kaamatan celebration.

      Delete
    7. During his visit, Ongkili noted that Mukim Marak Parak, which comprises 22 villages with a population of 3,500 people, had progressed from a sleepy hollow to a shining model of a successful rural transformation carried out by Barisan Nasional.

      Delete
    8. “Ten years ago the areas was a sleepy part of Kota Marudu with the 45km road link to the township of Kota Marudu a popular location for spotlight hunting as there were not many motorists plying the road.

      Delete
    9. “Today the road is being upgraded and sealed as a major link between Kota Marudu and Ranau. A RM10 million water supply system is being built to cater for 12 villages along the Marak Parak-Kota Marudu road while electricity supply has reached 18 of the 22 villages and mobile phone service is now available at all the villages.

      Delete
    10. “The Education Department has secured a site for a new SMK Marak Parak to serve the six primary feeder schools in the area and almost every household has a rubber plot as source of income,” he said.

      Delete

Search This Blog