Top posts

Featured Posts

The Cross in Our Bodies

This  is a pretty neat story and an interesting thing  that few of us  know.  It's brief, so  please  read.  (FROM A  DOCTOR)   

A  couple of days ago I was running (I use that  term very loosely) on my treadmill, watching a  DVD sermon by Louie Giglio... And I was BLOWN  AWAY!  I want to share what I learned....  

 He  (Louie) was talking about how inconceivably BIG  our God is... How He spoke the universe into  being... How He breathes stars out of His mouth  that are huge raging balls of fire..  Etc.  
Then He went on to speak of how this  star-breathing, universe creating God ALSO  knitted our human bodies together with  amazing detail and wonder. At this point I am  LOVING it (fascinating from a medical  standpoint, you know.) .

 And I was remembering  how I was constantly amazed during medical  school as I learned more and more about God's  handiwork. I remember so many times  thinking..'How can ANYONE deny that a Creator  did all of this???'  
 
Louie  went on to talk about how we can trust that the God  who created all this, also has the power to hold it  all together when things seem to be falling  apart...how our loving Creator is also our  sustainer.  
 
And  then I lost my breath. And it wasn't because I was  running my treadmill, either!!!  
  
It  was because he started talking about  laminin.  I  knew about laminin..  Here  is how  Wikipedia<http://www.wikipedia.org/>  describes  them: 'Laminins  are a family of proteins that are an integral part of  the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in  almost every animal tissue' You see.... Laminins are  what hold us together... LITERALLY. 

They are cell  adhesion molecules. They are what holds one cell of  our bodies to the next cell. Without them, we would  literally fall apart. And I knew all this already. But  what I didn't know is what they LOOKED  LIKE..  
  
But  now I do.  And I have thought about it a thousand  times since (already)....Here is what the structure of  laminin looks like... AND THIS IS NOT a 'Christian  portrayal' of it.... If you look up laminin in any  scientific/medical piece of literature, this is what  you will see....

   

   
Now  tell me that our God is not the coolest!!!   Amazing.   The  glue that holds us together.... ALL of us..... Is in  the shape of the cross.   Immediately  Colossians 1:15-17 comes to mind.

            'He is the image of the  invisible God, the firstborn over all  creation.   For by  him all things were created; things in heaven and on  earth, visible And invisible, whether thrones or  powers or rulers or  Authorities;     All things were created by him and for  him.   He is  before all things, and in him All things HOLD  TOGETHER.'  Colossians 1:15-17  

  Call  me crazy. I just think that is very, very, very cool.  Thousands of years before the world knew anything  about laminin, Paul  penned those words. And now we see that from a very  LITERAL standpoint,  we are held together... One cell to another....  By the cross.. 

You would never in a quadrillion  years convince me that is anything  other  than the mark of a Creator who knew EXACTLY what  laminin 'glue' would look like long before Adam  breathed his first breath!!  
 
What  I found when I googled laminin  !!!!!!!!!!! 

 
            

 

 

 
The  cross is supposed to  be swinging when you  receive this.   I  hope it still is.  This is cool - had to pass it on.  I think we  could all use a miracle.  I know I certainly  can!   
 
Just  repeat this prayer and see how God  moves! 
 
'Lord,  I love you and I need you, come  into my heart,  and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in  Jesus' name.   Amen.

"Lord, when doubts fill my  mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give  me renewed hope and cheer" (Psalm 94:19  LB).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog